Where to find dmesg and /etc contents of specific system generation?

From: Vladilen Kozin
Subject: Where to find dmesg and /etc contents of specific system generation?
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:39:41 +0100

Hi guix.

Is it possible and where could I find contents of /etc for a specific
system generation. Ditto dmesg of the last boot of specific
generation? Not necessarily current generation though.

In a nutshell: I have a generation that boots and works fine, but
sadly I also have a generation that fails to boot. I'd like to debug
the issue by looking at its dmesg as far as it had gotten and also
checking its /etc/fstab and such seeing how the problem appears to be
mount related.

Thank you
--
Best regards