Re: guix pull error after install i686 1.2.0

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: guix pull error after install i686 1.2.0
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 20:26:32 -0400

Leo Famulari writes:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 03:04:14PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
>> It's expected that, before the first `guix pull`, the origin is not
>> known. The per-user view of Guix, with provenance tracking, is created
>> on the first `guix pull`.
>>
>> However, the version string should be 1.2.0.  Something has gone wrong
>> on your system and caused you to "go back in time" to an earlier
>> release, the second release candidate of the 1.2.0 release.
>
> I don't think this is related to the TLS / SSL problem. That problem is
> being tracked at <https://bugs.gnu.org/46829>.

Thank you for sharing that link.  It inspired several tests that I
conducted which helped me solve the problem.  The issue was that the
date was significantly incorrect.

I was able to fix this with `sudo date --set='YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'`.
The changed date did not persist after a reboot and I had the same
error.  To make the changed date persist after a reboot I used this
command `sudo hwclock --systohw`.