Re: How to compile native?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: How to compile native?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 14:31:56 -0400

Charles Direg <carloshujara@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I do a compilation of the packages natively?

Yes this is possible!  You can disable substitutes to compile all
packages natively.

> What I mean is that, for example in Gentoo it can be used inside
> /etc/portage/make.conf: CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -mtune=native" Is that
> possible in guix?

Currently guix does not support gentoo style flags..yet.  Though there
are talks to do something like that. If you wanted to compile packages
with specific compile flags, then you'll need to make custom package
definitions.

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus