Re: Pinebook pro build

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Pinebook pro build
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 10:26:20 +0300

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 08:24:38PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 03:55:05PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> > So... I'm not very familiar with how --target=ARCH cross-building works
> > in guix, but that somehow appears to trigger the issue...
>
> Thanks for your analysis. I wonder if anyone else can help us further...
> More pings!

I agree with vagrant that building u-boot-* is supposed to automagically
create a working binary for whichever system it is meant for. Also I see
that there's a pinebook-pro.scm in gnu/system/images, and I was able to
build it with `guix system build --image-type=pinebook-pro-raw
gnu/system/images/pinebook-pro.scm --target=aarch64-linux-gnu`

In the past when I've built images for my pine64 I generally build a
minimal image using --target=aarch64-linux and then reconfigure on the
board with the full config. Except when test building I've never really
tried to build it piecemeal; Guix is setup to take care of all of that.