Can't bind to port 80 from inside a Guix container

From: edk
Subject: Can't bind to port 80 from inside a Guix container
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 17:11:16 +0200

Dear fellow Guixers,

I'm trying to run nginx with `guix system container --network toto.scm`,
and I get the following error:

nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (13: Permission denied)

despite the container script being launched with sudo.

I got a root shell inside the container, checked that the corresponding
process also belongs to root from outside the container, and still don't
have the right to bind to port 80, with any software (this is not an
nginx error).

netcat lets me launch `nc -l 80` but I can't reach it, I don't think it
is actually binding.

Is this a known problem or limitation of guix containers ?

What do you suggest to try to troubleshoot this issue ?

Cheers,

Edouard.