Re: Freenode sasl authentication error rcirc

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Freenode sasl authentication error rcirc
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:37:35 -0400

I am now able to connect to Freenode using Circe with SASL
authentication.

I received help from wasamasa in #emacs-circe and staff in #freenode to
debug an issue with Circe's SASL authentication.  A fix was pushed to
the Circe repository.

This logging variable was helpful during Circe debugging:
`(setq irc-debug-log t)`

Here is the contents of my Circe configuration that is working for me:

```
(setq circe-network-options
      '(("Freenode"
         :tls t
         :nick "bone-baboon"
         :user "bone-baboon"
         :realname "bone-baboon"
         :sasl-username "bone-baboon"
         :sasl-password "<password>")))
```

The sasl-username and sasl-password are the username and password used
when registering an account with Freenode.