Re: Installing file outside package in /etc

From: Utkarsh Singh
Subject: Re: Installing file outside package in /etc
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:32:04 +0530

On 2021-04-24, 16:44 +0200, Sergiu Ivanov <sivanov@colimite.fr> wrote:

> Note however that /etc/hostname appearing to be a normal file may be
> misleading, since it may also be a hardlink to a file in the store.
> It is beyond my knowledge/motivation to figure out whether it really is
> or not :-)

You can make use of GNU Find utility to find more than one file that
refer to the same file on a file system, i.e., to the same inode.  For
example to search for same file as /etc/hostname in /etc directory you
can use:

$ find /etc -samefile /etc/hostname

You can read more here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/findutils/manual/html_mono/find.html#Hard-Links