Re: Any way to boot Guix with root partition elsewhere?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Any way to boot Guix with root partition elsewhere?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 18:08:48 -0400

Vladilen Kozin <vladilen.kozin@gmail.com> writes:

> IMO good solution would be to have Grub load just enough of whatever
> kernel is doing to find that drive and make its contents available. I
> doubt one can do that, but maybe one can boot into some kernel and
> initrd and then "chain" load the Grub on that SSD? I've no clue how to
> do that, but I'm sure its possible: kernel is code running in memory,
> surely it can "load" and "pass control" over to Grub or smth. If
> anyone knows, do tell.

I think you just don't want to use the "slow" hard drive right?  I
personally use a hard drive, and I am content with the performance.  I
just prefer to use the old lenovo T400.  I think it cost me $300 USD to
assemble it.  Not to shabby.  :)

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus