Re: guix system docker-image: nix not found

From: stuebinm
Subject: Re: guix system docker-image: nix not found
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 21:59:06 +0200

On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 08:58:59PM +0200, stuebinm wrote:
When trying with dummy values (taken from my own system config),
`guix system docker-image system.scm` fails to build the
guix-docker-image.tar.gz.drv, and the build log contains

   /gnu/store/...bash-5.0.16/bin/bash: nix: command not found

It would help if you sent the entire log file as an attachment.

nevermind; I thought that /was/ the entire logfile, but it turns out that I had the emacs nix-mode installed, which recognised the logfile as a derivation and tried to call nix to parse it, and apparently its failure mode (since I don't have nix installed) was to write its own stderr into the buffer without giving any indication that wasn't the real content of the file …

The actual logfile is of the vm running out of memory, which is a known issue [1]; I'll look into how to solve that.

Sorry for the unnecessary message, but thanks anyways for responding :)

~stuebinm

[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48178