Re: Process of adding a package

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Process of adding a package
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:46:27 +0000

Hi Ricardo!

Thank you for your quick reply!

I submitted the patch via e-mail attachment. It was recently said on the mailing
list, that it should not matter, or even be more reliable, when submitting it as
an attachment. However, as I see mostly patches being submitted in the e-mail
body, perhaps something automated does not work correctly with patches submitted
as attachment? Wildly guessing around here : )

Anyway, thank you for looking at the patch.

I thought I had written the patch commit message answering all questions on
https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html#Change-Logs
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html#Change-Logs>.
However, perhaps I should have checked the linked pages there, especially
https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Style-of-Change-Logs.html#Style-of-Change-Logs
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Style-of-Change-Logs.html#Style-of-Change-Logs>?
Or is it something else, that can be done in a better way about the commit
message?

Best regards,
Zelphir

--