Re: How to repair/reinstall guix on foreign distro

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: How to repair/reinstall guix on foreign distro
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 11:20:41 +0200

Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@freenet.de> writes:

It does however claim that all except one power cylce has been an unsafe shutdown, even though I had only a few hard resets and usually shutdown
by issuing `poweroff`.

That’s worrying. “unsafe shutdown” leads to file system corruption, and Guix doesn’t like that at all.

I would still like to have a minimal invasive way to get beyond:
```
guix pull: error: Git error: invalid data in index - incorrect header
signature
```

Try erasing the git cache at ~/.cache/guix/checkouts first.

--
Ricardo