Re: Boot logs

From: excalamus
Subject: Re: Boot logs
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 19:34:17 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you, Tobias.

> All logs should be in /var/log (most notably the ‘messages’ file). Not
> everything is logged.
>
> What does the console say during the delay?

You're correct.  I'm not precisely seeing in 'messages' what I see during boot.
 Overall, there is no single culprit; each message merely takes a few seconds
each.  The messages that indicate problems are with ntpd and polkit.  There is
a kernel TIME_ERROR which is ultimately resolved down the line (when logged in,
the correct time is displayed).  During boot, it slowly steps through various
checks (which fail at that time).  'messages' does not display anything beyond
"kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized".  Polkit throws a
"critical error" along with a message about being deblobbed.  'messages' only
shows that polkitd was started.  I assume the errors from polkit are expected
from the libre kernel?  Installing the polkit package appears to have made no
difference in the boot message.