Re: Environment variables hint

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Environment variables hint
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 13:14:32 +0200

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it but I think the manual is simply mistaken:

“Unless you're using Guix System, the 'guix install' command must have
   printed this hint:”

amuza 写道:
hint: Consider setting the necessary environment variables by running:

I expect this to happen on Guix System, for the same reason it happens on other distributions: Guix can't sanely modify the environment of its parent shell or other already running processes.

Kind regards,

T G-R