SBCL's run-program and environment variables

From: André A . Gomes
Subject: SBCL's run-program and environment variables
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:14:56 +0300

Hi Guix,

Today I had the following issue and I'm wondering if other Guix users
have this problem too.

Start a SBCL REPL and run:

(run-program "ls" '("-la")
             :search "/run/current-system/profile/bin"
             :environment '("TIME_STYLE=full-iso")
             :output *standard-output*)

This fails on my side, but I was told it works on other GNU/Linux
distros.  Can you reproduce it?

I find this quite strange since the following Bash works for me:

TIME_STYLE=full-iso /run/current-system/profile/bin/ls -la

Thank you.

--
André A. Gomes
"Free Thought, Free World"