[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Using julia in guix
Théo Maxime Tyburn
Using julia in guix
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 23:55:00 +0100
mu4e 1.6.6; emacs 28.0.60
Hello guix people and julia users!
I started using julia in one of my university projects and I am not sure
how this should be done the guix way. Has someone experience with this ?
For know I just used the julia package manager and the packages are in
~/.julia. I was not able to use the guix packages for julia
however. Should something be done manually to tell julia where to find
its packages ?
I encountered two problems. The first with the package "GR" the
second with the package "GLFW". I encountered these bugs while trying
the packages "Plots" and the "GLMakie" backend of "Makie"
The GR bug:
> julia> using GR
> julia> histogram(randn(10000))
> No such file or directory
> connect: Connection refused
> GKS: can't connect to GKS socket application
it then exits because of a segmentation fault.
I tried running the above inside this shell
> guix shell gr-framework
but the result is the same.
The GLFW bug:
> julia> using GLFW
> julia> GLFW.CreateWindow(300,300, "Test")
> ERROR: GLFWError (API_UNAVAILABLE): GLX: No GLXFBConfigs returned
I also tried running this into
> guix shell mesa glfw mesa-utils libglvnd
with exact same result.
Also I was able to compile and run a minimal GLFW C code so I think my
glfw and mesa installs are fine.
I am not sure these two errors are related but I have the
impression they both come from the fact that guix doesn’t allow the
access to some libraries or binaries the julia packages expect to
find. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Has someone an idea how I could investigate what is going wrong ?
- Using julia in guix,
Théo Maxime Tyburn <=
- Re: Using julia in guix, zimoun, 2021/11/03
- Re: Using julia in guix, Efraim Flashner, 2021/11/03
- Re: Using julia in guix, Théo Maxime Tyburn, 2021/11/03
- Re: Using julia in guix, Efraim Flashner, 2021/11/04
- Re: Using julia in guix, Théo Maxime Tyburn, 2021/11/05
- Re: Using julia in guix, Efraim Flashner, 2021/11/07
- Re: Using julia in guix, Théo Maxime Tyburn, 2021/11/08
- Re: Using julia in guix, Efraim Flashner, 2021/11/08
- Re: Using julia in guix, zimoun, 2021/11/08