Re: Custom libre kernel configuration

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Custom libre kernel configuration
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 08:08:42 +0000

Thanks Tobia,

> You're not matching numbers here: ‘number’ is your chosen variable name, not
> magic. It could be ‘foo’. It could be anything, without changing the effect
> of this code.
>
> >                       ((option . string)
> >                        (string-append option "=\\"" string >
> >         "\\"")))
> >

> This will never be reached.
>
> I'm almost certain that this is, at least in part, why your BINDER
> configuration isn't taking effect.
>
> Here's mine:
>
> (define option->string
>
> (match-lambda ((option . #f)
>
> (format #f "# ~a is not set" option))
>
> ((option . #t)
>
> (format #f "~a=y" option))
>
> ((option . 'm)
>
> (format #f "~a=m" option))
>
> ((option . (? number? value))
>
> (format #f "~a=~a" option value))
>
> ((option . (? string? value))
>
> (format #f "~a=\"~a\"" option value))))
>
> Kind regards,
>
> T G-R

I took your changes and applied them to the code:

(define (config->string options)
  (string-join (map (match-lambda
                      ((option . #f)
                       (format #f "# ~a is not set" option))
                      ((option . #t)
                       (format #f "~a=y" option))
                      ((option . 'm)
                       (format #f "~a=m" option))
                      ((option . (? number? value))
                       (format #f "~a=~a" option value))
                      ((option . (? string? value))
                       (format #f "~a=\"~a\"" option value)))
                    options)
               "\n"))

However, the CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC is still not part of the config :-/

$ grep BINDER .config
# CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC is not set

The Guix part of generating the code is fine though. Thanks.

So I digged little deeper and it seems that they have to be compiled into the
kernel.

$ tar xf $(guix build linux-libre --source)
$ cd linux-5.14.17
$ guix environment linux --ad-hoc ncurses pkg-config -- make
MENUCONFIG_COLOR=mono menuconfig
$ grep ANDROID .config
CONFIG_ANDROID=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDERFS=y
CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_DEVICES="binder,hwbinder,vndbinder"
# CONFIG_ANDROID_BINDER_IPC_SELFTEST is not set

Though the issue seems to come from the Archlinux Wiki[1] where they supply
wrong CONFIG options.

Kind regards
Petr

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Waydroid