Re: downgrade issue on guix system

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: downgrade issue on guix system
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 06:53:59 -0500

Hi Alexander,

Since you did a guix pull, you should have a newer version of guix than you had
before, unless you played with branches. So the downgrade is worrying and you
were right to stop there.

Note that running guix pull will update guix in a separate profile. Make sure
it's loaded: that you have ~/.config/guix/current/bin in your path and that
"type guix" is this path. If not, fix your $PATH and run "hash guix" (no
output) and check again.

Note that, if you're running reconfigure as root (instead as with sudo) you'll
need to pull and do the above as root, since each user has a different guix
current profile.

HTH!