Re: Run .deb or .rpm packages

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Run .deb or .rpm packages
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 15:05:02 -0500

I don't think it's a good idea to use a .deb or .rpm with guix, as they contain
precompiled software. Even considering free software, they are compiled with a
giver system (probably ubuntu and fedora, respectively) that make them
incompatible with guix. Even if you successfuly installed them, I'm afraid
you'd get a confusing "file not found" anyway.

You should ask your government for the source code, and compile it for the guix
system. Sorry that this is my best answer, it's probably not what you wanted to
hear :/