Re: repair broken boot record

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: Re: repair broken boot record
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 15:16:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi Florian,

I think I still owed a final response in this thread, especially after all your effort to help out.

In the end, I reinstallled Guix from scratch (luckily, I had a full backup of my /home, and Guix makes it easy to restore your system exactly as it was...), and switched to '(bootloader grub-bootloader)'. That did the trick. I couldn't get the chroot approach to work properly (maybe with more time, ...).

Looking back at the history of my system config, I used to have

(bootloader (grub-configuration (target "/dev/sda")))

for a long time. I don't actually remember how I ever ended up with grub-efi-bootloader (little Guix time lately, I mostly just update and check my e-mail these days), maybe I just copied from the manual without thinking/ reading properly...

Thanks for your help, I still learned a few things, even though I couldn't get it to work properly...

Thomas