Re: Avoiding rebuilds (e.g. of mariadb, the entire Rust chain, etc.)?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Avoiding rebuilds (e.g. of mariadb, the entire Rust chain, etc.)?
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 17:42:47 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 02 Jan 2022 at 17:36, David Lecompte <david.lecompte@metani.info> wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 décembre 2021 à 10:12 +0100, zimoun a écrit :

> I saw that, even without a manifest.scm file, I can run "guix weather"
> with a list of packages as argument, so I can do that with the
> installed packages to get a clue before running an update, and wait in
> case some substitute is not available yet.

In addition, you can go to CI and give a look at the status.

The entry point is <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/> then you can click on the
dashboard (row master, on the right the “screen“ icon).

Then you are on the last evaluation.  All green bullets are substituable
packages and red are failure.  In the field ‘search for jobs’, you can
filter, for instance type ‘emacs-’ and you see all green except 2.  Let
click on emacs-md4rd and you are there:

<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/240317/details>

You can click on the raw log and then read it:

<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/240317/log/raw>

Last, sometimes it fails because a dependency failed, as here:

<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/265498/details>

Therefore, click on “Show More” and follow the links.

Hope that helps,
simon