Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation

From: Todor Kondić
Subject: Re: GNU Guix maintainer rotation
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 16:43:50 +0000

> Thank you Ludovic and Marius :)
>
> And good luck to Efraim !
>
> Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com writes:
>
> > Hello Guix!
> >
> > I'd like to bring your attention to a change to the current Guix
> >
> > maintainers collective; in a nutshell, Ludovic and Marius are stepping
> >
> > down from maintainer-ship while Efraim is joining.
> >
> > I won't write more as you can find all the details in this blog post:
> >
> > https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2022/gnu-guix-maintainer-rotation/.
> >
> > Many thanks to Ludovic and Marius for their past roles as Guix
> >
> > co-maintainers, and a warm welcome to Efraim!
> >
> > Happy hacking!
> >
> > Maxim

Wow, what news!

I am one of those perpetual users and very occasional (package) contributors
[so, mostly useless ;) ]. First heard about Guix on the Guile mailing list
around the time of its beginnings before what now what feels ages ago (just
checked ... nine years), but only started actually using it cca 0.1 version
thanks to a blog post by Andy Wingo. These days it's reproducibly powering
virtually every compute platform I use as, at least, a package (and
"container") manager. What a road must have it been for Ludovic and the early
crew. Many thanks to them and of course good luck to the new maintainers.