Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: Jitsi Meet Screen Sharing with Ungoogled-Chromium
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 10:34:13 +0000

EDIT: not printing in console, but in the terminal

On 1/16/22 11:24, Jacob Hrbek wrote:
> Third party not a guix package

Those are not supported by GNU Guix and will be met with hostility,
because how dare you unfree scum!

---

Good thing that i ain't a bad person.. not part of GNU Guix to help! :p

Last time i tried it it worked out-of-the-box for me, i tested it now
again and also works without problem

GNU Guix (374fea0f3bc8035f626cb29e6045130df9ffdaf8) with
ungoogled-chromium-97.0.4692.71-1

Which was tested on the https://meet.jit.si instance.. Provide a
javascript console log which should have an explanation for this
failure.. My current hypothesis is that your chromium doesn't provide a
sufficient/sane TURN server and so jitsi crashes.

See
https://serverfault.com/questions/591837/how-does-chrome-webrtc-select-which-turn-server-to-use-if-multiple-options-are-g
on how to change the turn server.

..and to comply with GNU FSDG i have to tell you that using
non-ungoogled chromium and 3rd party repos is unethical as it most
likely
contains nonfree blobs which limit user freedom and contain
malware as such i am providing content of ~/.config/chromium in
attachment which should make your chromium more libre and i am also
encouraging you to use ungoogled-chromium.

EDIT: I missed the part with screensharing x.x .. on mentioned chromium
it starts printing:

[18990:23:0116/111829.036853:ERROR:webrtc_video_engine.cc(3446)] Absent
receive stream; ignoring clearing encoded frame sink for ssrc 0
[18990:12:0116/111836.246422:ERROR:video_stream_encoder.cc(1827)] Failed
to encode frame. Error code: -7
[18990:12:0116/111834.601625:ERROR:video_stream_encoder.cc(1149)] Failed
to initialize the encoder associated with codec type: VP8 (1)

in the console when i have screenshare and when someone joins and the
screen share changes to a black screen so i believe that this is a bug
due to the lack of sufficient VP8 codec.