Re: Grub menu not displayed

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Grub menu not displayed
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:23:16 -0500

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 06:24:02PM +0100, Tanguy LE CARROUR wrote:
> I've been having this problem since the very beginning but, as it is not
> a "must have" and it only affects 1 of my 3 computers running Guix System,
> I've lived without the Grub menu for years.
>
> When my computer boots, I only see a black screen with "Seabios […] Grub
> select
> a previous generation. After a few seconds, it boots and I get to the
> graphical session manager where I can login.

I have a computer where the graphical GRUB menu does not display
correctly (it's looks "scrambled").

So, my bootloader configuration looks like this:

(bootloader (grub-configuration (target "/dev/sda")
                                (terminal-outputs '(console))))

It's using an old style of the interface, but you should be able to
adapt it to use the console-mode GRUB menu. I recommend trying it.