IBus-Rime Pinyin input on Xfce

From: Pradana Adrinusa AUMARS
Subject: IBus-Rime Pinyin input on Xfce
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:25:59 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble installing IBus/Rime for Chinese Pinyin input on
Xfce 4. I've installed [ibus] and [ibus-rime], and set up ibus to be
intialised as a daemon on login. When I switch to IBus-Rime using the
toolbar, I don't see any character suggestions appearing when I type.
Put when I set preferences to "always show", the preferences appear.
So, there must be something wrong with how the character suggestions
are appearing and not with IBus itself.

I hope there are some who use IBus-Rime here.