Guix Channel News File Extension

From: jgart
Subject: Guix Channel News File Extension
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 22:41:14 -0500

Hi Guixers,

Do we still have to avoid calling the channel file with a .scm extension?

I see that the manual specifies to avoid its use but if I look in a guix
checkout I see that the channel file is called with a .scm extension:

etc/news.scm

Should the manual be updated to ignore that warning?

I'm calling the news file news.txt as per the manual instead of news.scm

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Writing-Channel-News.html

Also, After doing a `guix pull` I don't see channel news reported even
after running `guix pull --news`.

Did I go wrong somewhere with my set up?

Any code review/advice is much appreciated:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus/commit/f0c3569108cfeb4e65a6a4964dc3383836c0509c

all best,

jgart

gemini://whereiseveryone.srht.site/