Changed tty setting upon exiting docker run

From: phodina
Subject: Changed tty setting upon exiting docker run
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 19:22:06 +0000

Hi,

I've recently discovered an issue with running docker images. Upon exit I can't
see any characters I type. The settings of my tty are changed for some reason.

They can be fixed by running stty sane but I'd like to ask if somebody also has
this issue?

Here's what happens:

$ stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
-brkint -imaxbel
$ docker run --rm -it ubuntu
root@a0a76c5fdd94:/# stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
-brkint -imaxbel
root@a0a76c5fdd94:/# exit
$stty
speed 0 baud; line = 0;uix$
time = 0;
-brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
-opost -onlcr
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
$ stty sane
$ stty
speed 0 baud; line = 0;

If I run the command without the '-t' argument it does not augment the tty but
also the tty in docker is not usable.

$ stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
-brkint -imaxbel iutf8
$ docker run -i ubuntu
stty
stty: 'standard input': Inappropriate ioctl for device
$ stty
speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
-brkint -imaxbel iutf8

----