weather applet, network applet in MATE Desktop

From: Gottfried
Subject: weather applet, network applet in MATE Desktop
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 18:24:23 +0000

Hi,
I installed guix with MATE desktop the first time.

I was wondering, why only few programs were installed. I have great trouble to add new programs and need a lot of advice.

e.g. no printer, scanner, no weather applet, network applet and other applets in the quick launch bar available.

How can I install a weather applet (to show the weather conditions in my quick lanch bar) and a network applet to show download and upload traffic, which is available in MATE desktop, because I used MATE in other distros like EndeavourOS. Or is it only available in MATE 1,26, the newest MATE?

gottfried