scanner

From: Gottfried
Subject: scanner
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:19:10 +0000

Hi,

After installing a scanner in my profile

When opening my document scanner it says:
no scanner is found. Please check if your scanner is switched on and attached.

If I open the xsane scanning programm it says: no devices available
even though I connected my hp printer and scanner and switched it on.

My hp device manager even does not open.

Can it mean that guix can't deal with a hp printer and scanner in one and guix expects a separate scanner besides a printer (even if I installed hplip)?

gottfried