Re: installing a package not from GNU

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: installing a package not from GNU
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 12:52:47 -0500

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:
> I wanted to install a package "gtkhash" which I could not find in GNU
> packages.
> How can I install it?
> After downloading it and trying to install it, it said: unknown package
>
> guix install gtkhash-1.4
> guix install: Fehler: gtkhash-1.4: Unbekanntes Paket
>

> What to do, if I donĀ“t find a package in GNU and I would like to install it?

You need to create a Guix package definition for the package you want to
install. Assuming you have placed your definition in a file called
gtkhash.scm, you can install it with this command:

guix package -f gtkhash.scm

See the Guix manual for instructions on how to write a package definition.

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.