Can't create user account in virtual machine with guix system vm

From: Hubert
Subject: Can't create user account in virtual machine with guix system vm
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 11:47:31 +0100

Hello Guix!

I have made a VM in which no user account seems to could created.

The standard command for that:

https://guix.gnu.org/fr/manual/devel/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-system.html#Invoking-guix-system

$ guix system vm Test.scm --expose=$HOME --share=$HOME/tmp=/exchange

And the vm starts running, but no way to add an user account:

$ sudo /gnu/store/zrd2c9czm6fdqd33q7yx2695s2dgy9kl-run-vm.sh

At the graphical login I typed 'root' and validated. This opened me a
privileged user session.

In the qemu console I typed: 'sendkey ctrl-alt-f1' [Enter]

In tty2 virtual console, I typed 'passwd' for root, validated and 'passwd
hubert' confirming the password after typing it.

But when I return to the login, either as a guest user or as my username, the
password does not succeed, returning me to the login.

The vm starts more correctly by adding the options

'-m 1024 -smp 2 -nic user,model=virtio-net-pci'

I can't remember why I needed to add these (familiar) options. Anyway, the
following launchs the vm:

$ sudo /gnu/store/zrd2c9czm6fdqd33q7yx2695s2dgy9kl-run-vm.sh -m 1024 -smp 2
-nic user,model=virtio-net-pci

Here again, I can only connect in a graphical session with root.

Which doesn't surprise me too much, since the home directory is read-only.

I don't know if there are ways to solve this case... Give rights to home ?...

Thank you in advance if you have any suggestions for me :)

Hubert