Re: Changed tty setting upon exiting docker run

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Changed tty setting upon exiting docker run
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 11:23:57 +0100

phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org> skribis:

> I've recently discovered an issue with running docker images. Upon exit I
> can't see any characters I type. The settings of my tty are changed for some
> reason.
>
> They can be fixed by running stty sane but I'd like to ask if somebody also
> has this issue?
>
> Here's what happens:
>
> $ stty
> speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
> -brkint -imaxbel
> $ docker run --rm -it ubuntu
> root@a0a76c5fdd94:/# stty
> speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
> -brkint -imaxbel
> root@a0a76c5fdd94:/# exit
> $stty
> speed 0 baud; line = 0;uix$
> 0; time = 0;
> -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
> -opost -onlcr
> -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
> $ stty sane
> $ stty
> speed 0 baud; line = 0;
>
> If I run the command without the '-t' argument it does not augment the tty
> but also the tty in docker is not usable.

So it’s when you leave the container that tty properties change, right?

How did you create this container image?

If it was created with ‘guix system container’, it might contain (?)
Shepherd services like ‘term-tty1’, which I thought could interfere with
the host system, but I’m not sure.

Thanks,
Ludo’.