Re: Permanently available environments

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Permanently available environments
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:11:50 +0100

Hi Ludo,

> Another option is to rely on the ‘time-machine’ and ‘shell’ LRU caches.
> That is, you can run:

That's what I did in the past, until the first time I hit an expired
cache. In conformance with Murphy's law, I was in a train, with a bad
Internet-by-phone connection, and Guix started downloading texlive.

So...

> Would it work for you?

No. I tend to keep project-specific environments unchanged for long
times, longer than Guix keeps its caches.

Cheers,
  Konrad