Re: Guix as remote dev machine

From: t
Subject: Re: Guix as remote dev machine
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:54:15 +0000

I guess one more thing that maybe worth investigating is Emacs + TRAMP. I've
some experience with TRAMP and it mostly works. Trouble again is with this 2nd
step:

> 2. `guix shell` or start a container, with entire system if I need to

Essentially TRAMP amounts to SSHing to your machine. But we want to be in that
`guix shell` maybe even `guix shell -c` container, hell maybe even `guix system
-c`. I can't even wrap my head around how that might work. TRAMP is basically
talking to our SSHD started by current-system. I dunno but welcome suggestions,
cause it'd be interesting to figure how that might work with TRAMP. Could be
worth asking Emacs TRAMP mailing list, too.

Just thought I'd throw that idea out there, too. I would expect there to be a
fair number of Emacs users among you.