Missing LaTeX font (R related)

From: TK
Subject: Missing LaTeX font (R related)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 08:45:08 +0000

Hi all,

I tried to avoid installing the entire texlive package, because, these days I
only work with narrowly defined guix environments.

Basically, I am doing `R CMD check pkgdir` on a package and after a while it
spews out this:

`!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file t1-zi4r-0): Font t1-zi4r-0 at 540 not found`

A web search reveals that t1-zi4r-0 is an inconsolata font, but installing
"texlive-inconsolata" package does not sort this issue out.

Does anyone have any guidance? Is granular texlive install even possible on
Guix? :)

All the best,