Re: guix pull; guix package -u; sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: guix pull; guix package -u; sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 10:01:59 +0000

 Do I have to do a "sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm"
 always after the "guix package -u"?
 Can I do it every month or every second month? when I don't need the
 latest version of packages?

 Gottfried

I solve the latter by having a very lean system profile, only the bare
essentials are installed for the whole system, things like the window
manager are only in my user profile. raingloom@riseup.net

How did you do that? to create a "very lean system profile"?
I am not a hacker but a normal Linux user right now.

Gottfried