Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:40:45 +0000

Benjamin Slade <beoram@gmail.com> skribis:

> I'm trying to run my long-standing stumpwm init.lisp on a recent Guix install,
> using the packaged stumpwm, however when it launches, it fails to process the
> init.lisp and gives me an "Don't know how to REQUIRE sb-cltl2." error.
>
> I've set the SBCL_HOME variable both in .xprofile and in the init.lisp itself
> [via `(sb-posix:putenv "SBCL_HOME=/run/current-system/profile/lib/sbcl/")' ],
> but this doesn't seem to help.
>
> Is there a good way around this? (On my other system I just compile stumpwm
> from source and install; I don't know if that makes a difference here.)
>
>  —Ben

Instead of setting SBCL_HOME, could you try adding something like
'(push "/path/to/lib/sbcl/contrib/" asdf:*central-registry*)'
at the beginning of your "init.lisp" file?

As stumpwm doesn't use the sb-cltl2 contrib, it is not included in the
stumpwm compiled binary. But telling ASDF where it can find it and then
using '(asdf:load-system :sb-cltl2)' or '(require :sb-cltl2)' should
work.
If it doesn't, you could also try loading it directly with
'(load "/path/to/lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-cltl2.fasl")'.