Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channe

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Guix Channel News Does not work on Foreign Distros for Custom Channels (ignoring Debian)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 15:49:51 +0200

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 08:05:41PM -0400, jgart wrote:
> On void linux, I don't see channel news for a custom channel.
>
> How do you suggest I debug this?

Assuming you have previously pulled a channel version before the
commit of the news entry and then pull a channel version after, the
news should be displayed.  If not, I’d try to run

guix repl

and then copy all contents of

~/.config/guix/current/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/scripts/pull.scm

and paste them into the repl and press enter.

Then I’d try what

(display-news %current-profile)

prints (if anything).

Then I’d try to repeat the same after I surround interesting parts of
the display-news or display-channel-specific-news procedures with

(pk …)

for example instead of

(generation-file-name profile previous))

write

(pk (generation-file-name profile previous)))

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Florian

P.S. I would also try the debug feature