Re: Cups Web Interface is Disabled

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: Cups Web Interface is Disabled
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 20:18:12 -0400

Les Campbell <lesdelc@gmail.com> writes:

> When I attempt to load cups at http://local host631/admin the
> following message is displayed:
>

>  Web Interface is Disabled
>
> The web interface is currently disabled. Run "cupsctl
> WebInterface=yes" to enable it.
>
> From the terminal I run "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" however I get
> "cupsctl: Internal Server Error".
>
> How can I correct this problem and access the cups menu?

Make sure you have set web-interface? to #t in the cups-service-type
definition in your operating-system record's services field.

```
(service cups-service-type
         (cups-configuration
          (web-interface? #t)))
```

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.