Re: Screen sharing ungoogled-chromium

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Screen sharing ungoogled-chromium
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 19:43:37 -0400

Hello,

phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org> writes:

> Jitsi works in chromium and I'm able to share screen.
>
> But I'm trying to switch to Guix as my work laptop but in order to do
> that the Teams screen share would have to work.
>
> Anyway it's proprietary garbage so if there isn't anybody who got it
> working let's just close the discussion.

If it's anything like the Google Meet proprietary SaaS, it may requires
Google-specific WebRTC extensions not yet part of the standard (dubbed
"Hangout Services Extension" and disabled in ungoogled-chromium).  I
remember reading this interesting related discussion about the "Hangout
Services Extension" [0].  I'm not sure it's related, but who knows!

[0]  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=886358

HTH,

Maxim