Re: how can I find the terminal output

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: how can I find the terminal output
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 10:54:10 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 at 18:07, Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> wrote:

> Because I don't know how it works, I guessed that the "empty
> environment" is a new created file which has been added and I wanted to
> get rid of this file.

The “empty environment” means an “empty profile”, so it is managed by
Guix and its garbage collection.  Therefore, you do not have to worry
about it.

> Opening the  ~/.bash_history
> tells me only my inputs, my commands, but it does not show what was the
> output of my commands. Where I can find those in my Bash shell?

Bash does not record the output of each command.  You have to
specifically tell what you want; by redirecting the outputs.  Give a
look at the manual. :-)

<https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Redirections.html>

Cheers,
simon