Re: how can I find the terminal output

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: how can I find the terminal output
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 20:18:40 +0000

Hello,
Don't mind if I am asking simple questions because I have to learn the basics.

How do I have to use "script"?
Do I have to enter "script" in the terminal before I start other commands, so that it will start to log my shell? or can I, after a command with output, enter "script" and it will log my output in a file typescript?

I tried several times, but it didn't work. It didn't record anything, when I opened the file typescript.

So can you show me an example how to use it?
What Options are useful?

Gottfried