Re: docker containers stop when doing guix install

From: Remco van 't Veer
Subject: Re: docker containers stop when doing guix install
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 12:04:32 +0200

Hi,

2022/05/09 11:01, zimoun:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 10:22, Remco van 't Veer <remco@remworks.net> wrote:
>> Why are (some) running docker containers stopped when doing guix install
>> or other guix operations like pull?  I noticed this happing to mysql and
>> postgres containers but an elasticsearch container just keeps running.
>>
>> Is stopping containers on guix actions on purpose and, if so, why?  Why
>> aren't all containers stopped?
>
> Where is “guix pull”?  Outside or inside the container?  Is Guix
> managing the containers or other tools?

Outside in the guix installation which runs the docker service defined
using:

  (service docker-service-type)

> The issue seems to come from how the containers are managed so the
> answer of “why” would probably be somewhere in the configuration
> files. ;-)

The docker images are images like "postgres:10.10" taken from docker hub
so nothing special.  It seems the docker-services sends signals to
process running in managed containers and some of those process stop?

Cheers,
R.