Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 12:19:08 +0000 (UTC)

Clément Lassieur <address@hidden> writes:

Guix allows one to customize their packages through inheritance.  You
could create a custom linux package that inherits Guix's linux-libre,
with, say a differente source.  When linux-libre is updated, my-linux
would be updated as well, since it inherits linux-libre.  Thus, you
would have no maintainance to do.

(define-public my-linux
  (package
     (inherit linux-libre)
     (name "my-linux")
     (source ...)))

Sorry to revive an extra-old topic, however my problem now is exactly this – I've purchased the GPD Pocket 3 which is a very nice little machine, powerful, and have to use it without a USB dongle. It uses Intel AX210 802.11ax (2.4/5/6Ghz), BT 5.2, so needs iwlwifi modules.

I'm running Ubuntu Mate on it in parallel – without any issues.

Now, I've set up Guix System on it without problems.

However am not fluent enough to utilize the above solution to define an inheritance for the current Linux kernel from git and put it in system.scm to reconfigure the system with it.

Could someone share with me the system.cfg snippet that would enable me to load the non-free firmware?

Many thanks.

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊