Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 09:37:42 +0200

On 2022-05-11 14:31, yasu wrote:
This is also an old topic, but we need lesser-help-guix@...
The help-guix@... seems so much against even discussion of such
things...

So for now (and let me stress, I do not like this situation of self-
imposed-gagging and would like to help create alternative communication
forums), let me send you something personally!

Many thanks, Yasu.

I was able to get it working according to the instructions sent privately, including adding a channel for the kernel source etc.

Seeing as how there might have been criticism in the past here on the list in discussing topics, which some think are inconducive to promote software freedom - I don't wish to damage the culture here and fully describe the solution, if it is indeed frowned upon here.

On the other hand, I feel the same way as Yasu describes above - for instance for me I think seeing the solution, which I could not have figured out myself is actually conducive towards learning more guix and scheme and perhaps developing some snippets in the future that could help someone else.

For this reason I'd think it'd be beneficial to fully discuss the Guix solution here. Moderators - can you give guidance on this?

---
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊