blueman-applet: Failed to apply network settings on XFCE4 login

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: blueman-applet: Failed to apply network settings on XFCE4 login
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 09:48:04 +0200

Hello everyone:

I have bluetooth setup on my Guix System and it works.

I've added:

(gnu packages networking)

to (use-modules

and:

(simple-service 'dbus-extras
                dbus-root-service-type
                (list blueman))

in system-config.scm and a

Bluetooth applet starts on XFCE4 login and bluetooth works, I can add new devices etc.

However - every login, or when starting blueman-applet manually, it pops up with an error box of "Failed to apply network settings" with:

You might not be able to connect to the Bluetooth network via this machine
Exception
g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.blueman.Mechanism was not provided by any .service files (2)

CLI reports:

blueman-applet 09.39.24 WARNING PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority blueman-applet 09.39.24 WARNING PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not loading DhcpClient because its conflict has higher priority

(.blueman-tray-real:8516): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 09:39:25.563: gdk_window_thaw_toplevel_updates: assertion 'window->update_and_descendants_freeze_count > 0' failed

It's more of a cosmetic error, since bluetooth is working, however annoying. Can anyone advise how to fix this?

Many thanks for help.

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊