Re: Guix home, guix system, channels, some noob questions

From: Sébastien Rey-Coyrehourcq
Subject: Re: Guix home, guix system, channels, some noob questions
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 10:40:18 +0200

Thanks Julien,

Ok i see, like you say jpoiret also say me that the concept are orthogonal, so if i understand well :

- adding emacs as system package, i suppose this is available for all users

- adding emacs as home package, i suppose this is available only for me

And *guix install something* install for which, system or home or both ?

Some other general questions :

- About dotfile management, is it possible to use chezmoi, yadm, stow in // of guix home ?

I'm interested by some example if you have.

- About secrets management, i know this is very complicated in nix (there are one hundred way to do the things, more or less secure), how that works if i want to inject *secrets* into guix home scm file and maintain security when i share or publish my config with/to others ?

Thanks,

Best regards