Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: David Lecompte
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:19:23 +0000

Hi,

Le jeudi 12 mai 2022 à 18:00 +0200, zimoun a écrit :
> The Guix project is part of the GNU project; for the good, the bad or
> the ugly.  What it implies is documented, for instance:
>
> <
> https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html

These rules are for GNU/Linux distros in general, they are not specific
to the GNU project, e.g. they are also followed by Trisquel, Parabola and
Hyperbola.

I only use and recommend distros that follow these rules because with
other distros, it is frequent to receive "solutions" by using non-free
software, while the people proposing the "solutions" don't even mention
it is non-free software because they don't care.

Some may say it is censorship, for me it is commitment not to mislead
people.

For wifi, since linux-libre has support for wifi USB dongle using ath9, I
guess it should work fine with Guix SD (but I haven't tried actually).

David.