IceWM for Guix System

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: IceWM for Guix System
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 08:49:50 +0200

Hello:

I wanted to set icewm as the WM in my system config - and was surprised that it's not in guix. Indeed no historical discussion on the topic indicates low interest in this WM in the Guix community. I prefer it to XFCE4 though for its simlicity and does most of what I need.

Now, I'd like to add its package definition to my local guix git checkout, however my low guix skill doesn't help me currently in understanding also the ....-desktop-service-type and everything that's needed to be done, and how to then use it in the system configuration.

Can anyone help me - having done that, or similar for another WM that I could take inspiration on how this can be achieved?

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma