Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Installation: Load non-free wifi firmware (iwlwifi)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 11:59:11 +0000

There's nothing I can add to Zimoun & Maxim's excellent answers.

I completely agree with Maxim: this is a feature, a positive choice; not a bug,
nor some fearful refusal to hear loud 'voices' that are already wildly
overrepresented.

If the urge to promote proprietary software/vendors/misinformation/status quo
is so strong,   *almost the entire Internet* is available to do so.  Literally.
 No need to insist we give up our space, or slather it with false balance.  A
lot of us would leave.

Just a note on 'moderation': as a 'moderator': I weed out spammy spams (many,
so many, a day) and trolly trolls (once a year in a good year).  I have never
moderated good-faith conversation beyond that - as long as it doesn't veer into
either.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent on [a touchscreen].  Excuse or enjoy my [terrible editing].