Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Why Emacs is echoing message for each installed Emacs package while startup
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 14:00:26 +0600

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2022 at 22:31, Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> wrote:
>
>> Because those message appear in echo area during startup, which is very
>> annoying to me.  As far as I know, no Emacs package manager does this.
>
> I understand.  Although, in my case, it is too fast to be annoying.  How
> many Emacs packages do you have in your profiles?
>

> Cheers,
> simon

Right now, only one, because I use package.el.  But I'm planning to move
to Guix.

I used to have more than hundred Emacs packages managed by Guix.  But
the startup time was more than 5 seconds.  Then to switched package.el,
and the startup time decreased to less than 1.5 seconds.  I'm not sure
why this happened, but I think the cause is maybe too many "redisplay"s
due to many loading messages during startup.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5